5 Things I Love About Summer
Living in Oregon, I rarely see the sun, as my white-ass legs can attest. So when it rears its head, I’m outside. At least as much as a book geek/lover of dark bars can be, so I take these opportunities to grab a book/laptop/Kindle, and sit out on the back porch.
Today is a perfect day! 🙂
Not too hot. No clouds. A slight breeze.
Which leads me into my personal favorite part of Summer…
- Hanging laundry out to dry on the clothesline. What’s not to love? It’s environmentally friendly! It saves money by not having to run the dryer! Best of all, I get that glorious smell in my clothes, sheets, etc.
- BBQ. He’s the MASTER GRILLER, so I don’t have to cook. I marinate the meat, and make side dishes. Less work = more yummy.
- Cold beer. I know. This is my sobriety blog, but there’s absolutely nothing like a cold beer on a hot day. 😉
- Strolls through the sunshine. I adore walking around the neighborhood, taking random pictures like the one above. Plus, it’s great excercise!
- Skirts. Um what? Yep. I said it. Summer is one of the only times I actually look like a girl?! I abhor shorts. In fact, the only pair of shorts I own is pajamas, which are not worn in public. I also adore fashion, and skirts make a girl feel just a little prettier. 🙂
So, dear Readers, what are your favorite parts of Summer?